The Job Seeking visa, or Employment seeking residence permit

Employment seeking residence permit, is an authorization based in Spain that would allow you to access a job suitable to your field and level of studies or, if you deem it possible, to create a start-up once you have finished your official high-level studies.

This is a non-lucrative residence permit which means that you will not be able to work with it. Once you have found a job, it would be the company itself who process the visa change from Job Seeking Visa to Worker Visa.


  • Not be a citizen of a State of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries, to whom the Union citizen regime applies.
  • Not to be banned from entering Spain and not to be listed as being rejectable in the Member States of the Schengen area
  • Lack of criminal records in Spain and its previous countries of residence for offenses existing in the Spanish system.
  • Not to suffer from any of the diseases that may have serious public health repercussions in accordance with the provisions of the International Health Regulations 2005.
  • To be the holder of a stay authorization for studies or extension thereof.
  • Have completed studies and have reached at least level 6 according to the European Qualifications Framework, corresponding to the accreditation of a university degree
  • Have a public or private health insurance of illness concluded with an insurance entity authorized to operate in Spain.
  • Have sufficient financial means to cover residence costs and, where appropriate, those of their family members, in accordance with the following amounts:
    • For its support, monthly, 100 % of the IPREM, unless it is duly credited to have paid the accommodation in advance, in which case it will be 50 % of the IPREM, for the whole time that the residence will last.
    • For the support of their relatives, monthly, 75% of the IPREM for the first family member and 50% of the IPREM for each of the other people, unless it is duly proven that the accommodation has been duly paid in advance for the entire duration of the residence.

The maximum duration of the permit would be 12 months, from which you would not be able to extend after those are done, and it would start counting ever since the expiration date of your previous visa.

Application period: You can request for the visa between 60 days before and 90 days after the aforementioned expiration date. The application, within the allotted time, extends the valid period of the previous visa until the resolution to the process is given.


The Golden Visa or Investor Visa is a plan that allows citizens outside the EU to obtain qualified residence permits in exchange for investing in Spanish real estate (and other assets), leading to permanent residence in Spain if certain conditions are met:

  • Real estate assets valued at 500,000 euros or more
  • Bank deposits of 1 million euros or more
  • Public debt of 2 million euros or more
  • Business projects in Spain considered of general interest